It’s not my job to condemn anybody to hell. Why do I believe that we are losing this capacity to agree to disagree? After an election night fraught with results wildly different from polling projections, Biden secured victory by winning back the "blue wall" states of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin just four years after Trump became president by turning them red. It took days to finally declare that Joe Biden has won the election.

In this world, which is getting more and more closely interconnected, we have to learn to tolerate each other, we have to learn to put up with the fact that some people say things that we don't like.

People want to be so accepting of everything that they are willing to put aside their own beliefs for everyone else’s feelings. isFeed1x1=false;

googletag.enableServices() When someone assumes that I hate him or her or that I am judging him or her simply because I disagree with their opinion, they are, in fact, making a judgment about me. Our world is all about being accepting. At least when they quote scripture at you they are not merely repeating something some priest has babbled in their ear. We are asking Stillwater students and community members to look into their local recycling programs to be more sustainable consumers. You can’t demand respect if you aren’t willing to give it. Strange, too, that no one of them tallies with another!” ( Log Out /  They have the great merit of disagreeing with nearly everything I say. They are simply exercising their First Amendment right to free speech. Without these unique beliefs, we are all the same. This position has been a dream come true for me. Chances are you've heard a lot about Stacey Abrams, former minority leader of the Georgia House of Representatives, especially in the last few days as you follow the 2020 Election. You will likely attend several parties in mixed company of family, friends and co-workers.

Leave a comment. You can deliver and receive a disagreement, and both parties … How to Disagree Respectfully in a Business Environment Read More »

Sin is sin. Uncategorized I do not like debates, where people do not listen to each other, talk past each other. All of us will at times say or do things we later regret.

When we can no longer agree to disagree, our country will begin its … I simply ask that you allow me to have my opinion about controversial issues, even if that opinion differs from yours. When we differ, there I pronounce him to be mistaken.”, “Friends become wiser together through a healthy clash of viewpoints.”, “It always seems as though the definition of love will remain debatable by an opinionated world.”, “The love of conflict is most evident when opposing forces join sides to defeat the peacemaker.”, “[Y]ou [man] are fool enough, it seems, to dare to war with [woman=] me, when for your faithful ally you might win me easily.”, “Instead of seeing how much pain I can dish out towards those I disagree with, or who I believe have done me wrong, I seek to follow the golden rule and use my words and behavior to create more of what the world needs – love, compassion, and connection.”, “A lot of lip service gets paid to being honest, but no one really wants to hear it unless what's being said is the party line.”, “Agreeing to disagree' isn't license to hold hateful and condemning beliefs about me as though it doesn't negatively impact our relationship.”, “Strange are the pictures of the future that mankind can thus draw with this brush of faith and these many-coloured pigments of the imagination! How to use agree to disagree in a sentence.

6 Smart Ways to Disagree With Someone Respectfully ... That cliché catchphrase "agree to disagree" is oft-repeated for a reason: It can be a handy sentiment to lean on when you need it. I may disagree with you, but I don’t hate you, and I will not attempt to pass judgment on you. Disagreement is a healthy part of business meetings. Positives are the idea that an agreement can be salvaged out of an apparent impasse, and a sense that we don’t have to break off relationship completely. If you don’t want to be judged based on any variety of factors, then don’t judge others. The dissenter either hates those with the popular opinion, or the dissenter is judging those with the popular opinion. When others judge all Christians on the actions and words of a few, then those folks are doing the same thing they don’t want done to them, judging others. Biden won the popular vote and the Electoral College after an election night of upsets and polling errors. It means you were raised different, or have a different faith, a different ethnicity or a different sexual orientation --which is OK! Just because someone does not agree with your view, does not mean they hate you. We are told that being different is good, but not if it’s a difference of opinion. You can discuss your opinion with me, but being rude about it will make it harder for you to convince me that you’re right. Strange, too, that no one of them tallies with another!”, “Life is not a sport. A difference of opinion does not mean you can start yelling at each other about how you are more right than the other. The thing is if we can just accept that as a society we are never going to agree on everything, and that’s OK, then we can remain the greatest nation on earth. We can say that it was a close race and many liked Trump. Democratic challenger Joe Biden has defeated President Donald Trump and will serve as the country's 46th president. In the end, a single person is not going to change my opinion and my belief system. The structure that I advise my students to use, will be sure to get you a band score 7+.You need to practice using this structure, with as many questions as you can, before sitting your IELTS test.This writing task 2 structure has been proven to be successful for my students and when perfected, can easily help you to achieve a high band score.

One is not more horrible than another.

Actually, it means that you’re different, which is a good thing. You don’t have to agree with someone to treat them like a decent human being and just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t mean that it’s okay to belittle their beliefs.

If you are right, that does not make me wrong either. She was a presenter for the 2020 Billboard Music Awards and walked the red carpet rocking the Old Hollywood glamor style by her stylists, Mara Roszak and Allen Avendaño. Don’t make the assumption that simple disagreement in points of view equals judgment. ( Log Out /  That doesn't give you the right to deny any sense they might make. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. “Let’s agree to disagree.” When someone says this, what do they mean? You have asked a good question! We live in the greatest country in the world. The State University of New York at Stony Brook, As I Cast My First Presidential Vote, I Thought Of All My Parents Sacrificed For Me To Be Able To, I'm Celebrating Biden's Victory Today, But There's Plenty Of Work To Be Done Tomorrow, Joe Biden Has Defeated Donald Trump And Will Be The Next President Of The United States, Stacey Abrams Has 8 Romance Novels, And They're Selling Out FAST Just About Everywhere, 15 Hottest Newscasters And TV Hosts Getting Us Through The Heat Of The 2020 Election, 4 Products Addison Rae Used To Get Her Old Hollywood Glam Look At The Billboard Music Awards. The only important issue is Seeking Truth. But neither do all non-Christians. It happens all the time when all teachers, policemen, lawyers, politicians, doctors, and others are judged by the actions of a few. Once we lose that, regardless of what seems like wins or losses in our country, our country will have officially gone to hell in a handbasket. If there's one thing we can all agree on... After Chris Cuomo began trending on Twitter yet again this week as the 2020 Election continues, I couldn't help but smile at the fact that, of course, a studly newscaster could unite us during this time. Nor does it give you a right to accuse someone of poorly expressing their beliefs just because you don't like what they are saying. Do you agree? I’m simply going to pray that you have a blessed day, because God loves you, and so do I. if(isFeed1x1){ Difference is not bad and we just have to realize that. Acceptance of a person, not what they believe is how acceptance should be seen. It’s OK to agree to disagree, and be nice about it. If you want to get your point across as to why you believe what you believe, then I will gladly listen, but please do not sit there and tell me why I’m wrong because of what I believe and try to belittle me for a difference of opinion. googletag.display('div-gpt-{{post.id}}-content-ad'); Definition of agree to disagree in the Idioms Dictionary.