I couldn't find it at the Thai market or other Asian groceries. Many others are available though, from frankincense and eucalyptus to cinnamon and juniper berry.

You will need about 2 cups of uncooked jasmine rice to make enough to serve four to five people.

Hydrosols, or hydrolates, are flower oils distilled by steaming into water, which are then used for a variety of culinary, aromatherapy and skin-care uses. And never use jasmine water for food unless it is specifically intended for that purpose. to be fluffy rather than gummy. Jasmine water is called for as an ingredient in several Thai desserts. Make your favorite takeout recipes at home with our cookbook! But once you master the technique, you’ll be steaming to perfection in no time.

The rice will stay warm and delicious for up to two hours. Set the slow cooker on low and let it cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Chinese herbalists have utilized this hydrosol for easing menstrual cramps, anxiety, lethargy or even sore throats, when inhaled. Native to Thailand, jasmine rice gets its name from the fragrant jasmine flower. Start with good-quality Thai jasmine rice. I sometimes also use it as a facial toner and it works great. On a more global scale, many appreciate jasmine water for its long-lasting, stress-relieving perfume. This long-grain rice has a somewhat buttery aroma, reminiscent of popcorn. Deep medium-sized pot with a close-fitting lid. Wikibuy Review: A Free Tool That Saves You Time and Money, 15 Creative Ways to Save Money That Actually Work. The Best Jasmine Flower Recipes on Yummly | Jasmine And Peach Pie, Chocolate Whoopie Pie, Traditional Thai Jasmine Infused Water Welcome to Yummly, your smart cooking sidekick! I also don't have access to fresh jasmine. However, I'd like to warn others that not all jasmine water products are good quality. Allow the pot to sit undisturbed for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until you're ready to eat.

Cooking jasmine rice is one of those seemingly simple tasks that is actually pretty difficult to master, even for some professional cooks.

Jasmine water is one of the more commonly utilized hydrosols. To ensure that the rice cooks evenly, I like to give the rice a quick stir after an hour. Enjoy your rice with your favorite Thai dishes as well as those from any cuisine. You should see bubbles forming on the surface of the water. One recipe calls for the petals of a dozen jasmine flowers for every about 33.8 fluid oz (1 liter) of distilled water. If there is still 1/4 inch or more of water, replace the lid and allow it to simmer 3 to 5 more minutes. Creating jasmine water from scratch requires just two things: distilled water and having enough jasmine petals to infuse that water with the flower's distinctive aroma. Transfer the rice to a serving bowl. Not only do several Thai desserts call for this ingredient, but it is also a centuries-old Chinese remedy for menstrual problems.