When you reach the desired length, in my case this was 60″, do one more row of rib edging and then cast off. The second video shows how I did it.

Hi Linda…big yarn + big needles = a quick project! amzn_assoc_title="My Amazon Picks";
I am so making this blanket – x3! It looks so warm and cuddly. The broomsticks were a little smaller diameter, so your weave will be tighter, but think it’s completely doable given manufacturer’s needle size. This is a quick project…immediate gratification which is big for me!

I looked into broomsticks and was going to use them until I remembered my flagpoles. See here for my full disclosure policy.). Those are some big knitting needles. It`s super easy to make because it uses only knits and purls and you will surely love how squishy and warm it is.

The really thick yarn makes it difficult to hide weave-ins. @2017 - WoolPatterns.com. It is so warm and we’ve had some rather chilly weather recently, so it’s coming in handy. I purchased size 50 circular needles and was wondering how many stitches you would suggest casting on for a blanket of this size, with those needles. Good luck with that Kevin and what an incredible husband you are! Perfect for a winter day and a glass of wine! Yarn can really add up though…you surely don’t knit to save money…I learned that a long time ago. I completed my throw over the weekend. Thanks. Pinning to share your pretty blanket! which would be a little bigger than your 50s, which are equivalent to 32mm.

amzn_assoc_placement="adunit0";

I cast on 38 stitches but if I did it again, I would probably do about 44–the weight of the yarn made it longer and narrower than I had hoped for. Not recommended for household with small children or pets Color in picture: first - Cloud, then- Ivory, Lavender Gray Sizes in the picture: 35x60, 40x60 Measurements may change within a few inches due to the natural shift in the yarn Our store is the ONLY store on Etsy making ALL our Merino wool blankets FELTED after knitted to prevent shedding or pilling Made is…. LOVE LOVE this blanket. I have a question about your first row–you are using a rib stitch but say to end in a knit stitch. Hi Jackie! You’re super woman! Carol, as crafty as you are it would take you no time to learn and I’m sure you’d enjoy it as well. If you are relatively new to knitting, we’d recommend using our Chunky wool to create a stylish cushion cover for your bedroom or lounge, or choose from one of our blanket knitting patterns for a simple first project. I bought the yarn and I am anxious to get started. A Printable PDF of this pattern is available to all Subscribers. I just revamped a basket to hold blankets like this! I just love love love this! I have never known how to knit, you make it look super easy though! This blanket will surely be a quick knit if you also choose a super bulky yarn.

. Hugs, Lynn. This blanket looks so amazing and I’m finally bringing back out my knitting bag. I hope this helps. I also didn’t know how to switch skeins so I had to 911 FaceTime my mom. Find all the giant chunky knit blanket and throws you could want along with chunky knit jumpers, cardigans and so much more. Grab yourself the pattern and some chunky yarn and get knitting! Anyway, my point is that if you’re a true beginner, definitely learn these things first I actually ended up doing a practice run with some smaller needles and yard to get the hang of it! Let’s say that measures 6”. Are they for you or are they gifts? I used, White yarn and transparent thread for tassels, Cast on 34 stitches. If you want to make sure you don’t miss future content, pop your email in the beige box up on the right or click here. The recipient will be thrilled! I am also using Bernet Blanket – 10.5oz/300g. Your email address will not be published. I have washed and dried it. Thank you. First off, when you say a 50 circular needle, I assume you are saying the needles are 50mm. Just want to make sure it’s long enough. (Sad face ?) Look For Super Bulky or Super Chunky Yarns to Knit a Big, Chunky Blanket or Throw. I’m so happy to have them. I usually try to find my yarn on sale. Hugs and Kisses, Lynn. Like how to cast on from step one ect? How long is the cord? If you want to resize your blanket, I have explained that process on this post: How to Resize a Blanket, Washcloth or Towel. Chunky Knitted Blankets will make a stylish addition to any home and they look absolutely extraordinary. I’m assuming you are ending each row with a knit stitch to avoid having a throw that rolls up into a sausage …. DIY Knit Blanket with Diagonal Basketweave Stitch, Knit Baby Blanket with Cloverleaf Eyelet Stitch, Knit Blanket with Linen Stitch and Crochet Edge, LoveCrafts : Yarns, supplies and patterns. I am sure that you will need to cast on a good number more than I did, but just don’t know that number for sure. I can give you the weight of the yarn, but I’ve given the blanket to my daughter who is away at school so can’t weigh the finished product. Or many strands of worsted weight. But since I had no clue what K1 or P1 meant (kind of important! In case any of your readers try this project with that yarn, here is what I noticed with it. amzn_assoc_search_bar="true";
Now that I’ve uncluttered my nest, it’s time to feather it a bit…in a totally uncluttered way of course.I guess it’s possible that you haven’t seen all the delicious, chunky blankets and throws that are sprinkled all over Pinterest and the internet. It’s towards the top a bit.