Marinated with ginger and soy sauce, they have a rich meaty flavor very different from American style BBQ ribs. The meat was falling off the bone, super tender!

The sauce starts with a base of sweetness from the Korean pear, apple and onion. I love doing the work of making the marinade once and having it ready for a quick dinner when I need it.

Generously season beef short ribs with salt and black pepper. Next time I'll do the whole 24 hours and I'll double the recipe. Add the green onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.

Then place in all of the other listed ingredients. Continue to cook the meat for a few more minutes turning frequently until it is as cooked as you desired. I put the meat in the marinade and then freeze it in Ziploc bags until I need a quick and easy dinner. I added the marinating ingredients to the hot frying pan and let it come to a boil to collect the drippings from the beef, let's face it, it's yummy even though also naughty! Add short ribs to pan, reduce heat to medium and brown well on all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Corn syrup is also used to slightly thicken the marinade sauce and bind the flavors together. Add the meat and refrigerate a minimum of six hours. Your email address will not be published.

Place washed beef strips into a large Tupperware.

Cook the ribs on the BBQ until browned and no longer pink in the centre, 4 to 6 minutes per side.

korean short ribs, galbi, la galbi, korean bbq, learning to make korean food at home, look for tubes of ginger in produce section to save time.

Here's what I did: 1/4 cup soy sauce instead of 1/2 cup 1/4 cup white sugar instead of 1/2 cup 11/2 tb red wine instead of Asian plum wine (I didn't have any!) Mix together thoroughly.

Place short ribs in the water and set aside for 15 minutes.

23 May 2010 Place some oil into it. Enjoy this Korean favourite with a salad or some veggies on the side. I should have made more. Then there is a layer of saltiness from the soy sauce, followed by a mix of spice from the garlic, ginger and spring onions.

Place sauce into towel and squeeze towel to get as much juice as you can. I was sure I was going to regret opening the bottle of plum wine a friend gave me... but no regrets at all! Here's what I did: 1/4 cup soy sauce instead of 1/2 cup 1/4 cup white sugar instead of 1/2 cup 11/2 tb red wine instead of Asian plum wine (I didn't have any!) I should have made more. The sauce was super tasty! The next day, remove the ribs from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature before cooking.