Sample Maternity Leave Agreement. Available for employers in the UK and Ireland. Employees on maternity leave can, if agreed, go into work for up to 10 days (separate or in block) without losing entitlement to maternity leave or pay. Alternatively instead of receiving a payment for hours worked, by agreement with the manager, you may instead accrue time off in lieu for these hours. Training and development can continue during maternity leave.

So, I request you to kindly grant me maternity leave from the 1 st of July. Dear Mr. Olamide Agu. Organization. Regardless of your length of service or hours of work you will be entitled to up to 52 weeks maternity leave, with the right to return to work before or at the end of this period. This letter is written by an expectant woman who needs time off from work. Request for Maternity Leave. (For example, a training course could take place during the maternity leave that might be important to the member of staff’s role or it may allow the member of staff to attend a conference). This means that if you are on half or nil pay you will receive additional pay however if you work KIT days during maternity leave on full pay you will not receive additional pay. This week is used to identify whether or not you are eligible for SMP. As agreed to by [your supervisor's name], I will be working [Add your agreed hours on agreed days]. For more parenting tips and tricks, find us on Pinterest: Are you a writer, expert, or influencer? This policy can be read in conjunction with the Shared Parental Leave Policy which provides parents with more flexibility in how to share the care of their child during the first year. it is becoming more difficult for me to work each day with my increased levels of exhaustion. Make sure you use uppercase for this, eg: ‘PERSONAL’ or ‘CONFIDENTIAL’. Start your writing request in the up left corner, here you should write your name; After that, you can also write your phone number and contact email address; Now goes an optional point, here you can write the type of your request, it can be “personal” or “confidential;", Then goes the subject line. Please contact the Pensions Office directly with any queries regarding your pension entitlements during maternity/ shared parental leave. Dear Mr. Lee, This letter is to inform you that I am pregnant and wish to take maternity leave. Subject line: Keep the subject of your email short and to the point. Application Forms for Statutory Paternity Leave, Shared Parental Leave Template Letters & Forms, GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation. The … I wanted to give you at least a two weeks’ notice to be able to adequately prepare. Here you should also specify the dates of your absence at work; Middle part: at this part, you can write how you can (if there is any ability) to help with some work projects during your leave; Final paragraph: here you can write about the plans for your work after returning; Thanking words: at this part, you write some thanking words for your employer for his understanding and the ability to stay at home during this highly important period; Name and signature: this is the final part that is also common for all types of official letters. Please confirm that I would be entitled to my salary during my maternity leave. The University wishes to support staff throughout their pregnancy and maternity leave. This section provides guidance on the rights to the maternity benefits of members of staff following the introduction of the Work and Families Act 2006 and associated regulations. 488.72 KB, Scottish Registered Charity, No.

These notes are for guidance only. plus 16 weeks on half pay in addition to SMP (but not exceeding full pay in total). Date. Qualifying Week (QW): Is the 15th week before the baby is due. I am Lindsey Morgan, an employee of your esteemed organization. provided that you have at least 41 weeks' continuous service by your EWC, you will be entitled to SMP provided that your average earnings are above the lower earnings limit for National Insurance Contributions. My original goal was to work until the time I had the baby, however it is becoming more difficult for me to work each day with my increased levels of exhaustion. Your partner in parenting from baby name inspiration to college planning. Here is the report from my doctor that states where I stand with this pregnancy and the anticipation of an early delivery due to the size of the baby. By doing this, they are expressing their generosity, and the organization also gets for the employee’s absence, and they can look for the alternative in the meantime till she joins back. FamilyEducation does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. When they would like the maternity leave to start (the earliest time is 11 weeks before childbirth). It is not possible for you to receive more than a full day’s pay. Global World Transactions 9080 Old Church Way … Download / view pricing Download now Download now. In such a case sick pay will cease and maternity pay will start to be paid.

Galactic Hot Dogs Design Your Own Spaceship Printable Activity. We also prepared a sample to make the task even simpler for you. In this letter, I want to ask you about maternity leave due to my pregnancy. You must still complete an 'Application for Maternity Leave' form. Sample Maternity Leave Letter. A staff member’s need to breastfeed will be taken into account when scheduling work and this may include changing working conditions or hours of work in addition to providing the facility for breaks to express milk or rest. Salutation line: formal salutation is another standard line of any professional letter; Opening paragraph: this is the place where you should say what is the purpose of your request, write about the reason and the term of your leave.

This sample document has been prepared as a guide for employers. This is payable by the Department of Work & Pensions. If you are absent from work as a result of pregnancy after the start of the 4th week before the expected week of childbirth, the University reserves the right to require you to start your maternity leave. Learn how to write a maternity leave letter. However, you must inform your line manager as soon as possible of these appointments and your line manager may request that you provide an appointment card or note from your GP or Midwife. In such cases your MATB1 form will be returned to you by Human Resources in order that you may progress a claim for Maternity Allowance with the Department for Work and Pensions. You are required to give 28 days notification of maternity leave, but it is clearly helpful if more notice can be given to make arrangements. Dear Mr./Ms. 75 Fairy Names for Your Magical Little One, 25 Gen Z Slang Phrases All Parents Should Know. Dear Mrs. Jones, I am Lindsey Morgan, an employee of your esteemed organization. This enables parents to choose to be off work at the same time and/or take it in turns to have periods of leave to look after their child. If you want your request to look in a professional manner stick to such structure: READ ALSO: Loan application letter to bank manager: how to write it? And, also please do inform me if anything else is required of me to do for this leave. Just follow the instructions, and make a proper written request. You can choose to commence maternity leave at any time between the 11th week before the date of delivery and the expected date of delivery. KIT days are optional and can only take place if both the employer and employee agree. Ordinary Maternity Leave (OML): The first 26 weeks of maternity leave. It can be just a kind of a headline like “Request for Maternity Leave;”. School Year Resolutions for Kids. Additional Maternity Leave (AML): Additional Maternity leave (up to 26 weeks) which can be taken after the period of Ordinary Maternity Leave. To help facilitate this you may wish to discuss with your line manager, prior to commencing your leave, the best form of contact for you. Please contact your School/Directorate HR Business Partner or HR Officer, in the first instance to establish the arrangements in place in your area. A minimum period of maternity leave, however, of 2 weeks following the birth of your child must be taken. If childbirth occurs earlier, then the maternity leave will start on the day after the day on which childbirth occurs. The new standard in payroll software, now available for employers in the UK and Ireland. Leave your email to receive our newsletter, Get the hottest stories from the largest news site in Nigeria, Drop your mail and be the first to get fresh news, Best advice and samples of how to write a resignation letter, Best tips on how to address a letter properly, How to write an informal letter like a pro (with samples), How to write a letter of permission: step by step guide with tips, The best tips on writing a confirmation letter. Galactic Hot Dogs Design Your Own Spaceship Printable Activity. And, post my delivery, I will be rejoining from December 1st, 2012. You will receive 6 weeks pay at 90% of your normal week's pay and 33 weeks at the current rate of SMP.