Situated just off England’s south coast sits the Isle of Wight. As mentioned in my review of their beautiful Mermaid Pink Gin, I am by no means, a gin connoisseur but I do have a strong appreciation for a good gin!Without further ado, let the review commence! If you wish to find out more, please see my Disclaimer within my navigation bar. Buy Mermaid Gin Copyright © 2020 Gin & Tonicly, All rights Reserved. What is percentage ABV is Mermaid Pink Gin? You can buy your own bottle at Master of Malt, John Lewis and Partners, or one of their other stockists! The strawberries are steeped in distillery’s signature gin for four days before half is removed to be distilled and eventually added back to the remaining infusion. Required fields are marked *. All Rights Reserved. English strawberries, rock samphire, elderflower, grains of paradise, organic lemon zest, bodicea hops, English coriander, angelica root, liquorice root, juniper, orris root. water that’s undergone reverse osmosis) to 42%. In addition to being made from recycled glass, the packaging is certified 100% plastic-free by A Plastic Planet – whose mark you can see on the back of the bottle. While year-on-year gin sales grew by 55% between 2018 and 2019 in the UK, over two-thirds of that growth was accounted for by pink gin (GCA). The distillery also suggest trying Mermaid Pink as a summer fruit cup with ginger ale.

This is smooth and able-bodied. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. As well as the gin, the bottle also makes this gin something which is quite special, especially to gin enthusiasts. Mermaid Gin is a smooth yet complex blend of the freshness of organic lemon zest, the peppery notes in grains of paradise and a hint of sea air from fragrant rock samphire. This gives us the peace of mind that we select the best quality, ethically traded ingredients.”. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). to bring you a full review of their finest original Mermaid gin! Hello, and welcome to Mummy Barrow, a lifestyle blog written by me, T. T is short for Tanya (but nobody uses that unless I am in trouble) and I live in the south east of England with my husband Bruce. When I last saw the bottles of Mermaid Gin I thought it was lovely but it didn’t really stand out.

The name “Mermaid Gin” was repeated a few times when I asked recently what the next gin in my collection should be. “Mermaid gin is so smooth and enjoyable its seductive flavours can be enjoyed without drowning it in tonic.”. Central to this is the rise in flavoured expressions, and in particular, pink gins. The website describes the drink as: "Mermaid Gin makes the perfect G&T; smooth and refreshing with a citrus zing, deep, rounded mouth feel, long finish and a … Rock samphire is locally known as 'Mermaid's Kiss'. These would both be fantastic with a seafood supper.

With no added sugar, Mermaid Pink Gin is not sickly, and all the sweetness comes from its natural ingredients. I am never far from a cuppa or a large gin, depending on the time of day. To be honest I kicked myself for not thinking of it myself as I had actually spent an afternoon with one of the co-founders a few years ago and had learned all about the gin and its origins on the Isle of Wight whilst on board a gin cruise on the Solent.