You may be selecting an incorrect checklist & form. If it is just straight child support arrears, if the custodial parent wishes to waive them, then a stipulation will need to be prepared, and signed by all parties, including DCSS, if they were involved. Are you a resident of Nevada? Under California law, interest on back child support is considered to be part of the arrears. By Your Neighbor in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation, By mommeee in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation, By jpursley in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation, By maestromjd in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets, Filing a Motion to Dismiss Child Support Arrears, Using a Laches Defense to Child Support Arrears, Contempt Motion, Filing Motion to Dismiss vs Motion for Summary Judgement, If this is your first visit please consider. One important thing you can do is check to see whether you are paying too much in current child support. He is $50,000 in arrears and wants me to pay his fee. The child lives in the foreign country. Follow these steps when going through the process to protect yourself and your child. -Both parties sign the (Joint) Motion . I am filing a motion to dismiss arrearages for lack of jurisdiction and no proof I owed the amount to the custodial. His been living there for almost 13 years. c. -Fill out the . You said a judge is involved so I take it that you are being sued in a Nevada court. Most of the arrears are owed by those who make under $10,000, according to a report prepared for the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE), Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human …

Child support arrears between 1975 and 2006, according to the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement, reached $105.4 billion. After I do all the papers, can I have an attorney to review it? Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. I Will it cost much for an attorney to review my paper? What you’ll need to do to try to avoid this is to get a Court Order for a fixed amount well ahead of time in order to minimize your risk. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. After I do all the papers, can I have an attorney to review it? Again, these circumstances are very limited for example, where the parent is on SSI, and has no earnings or assets that can be attached. Are you being sued for child support by the custodial parent? -Complete the Joint Motion to Terminate Child Support or Motion to Terminate Child Support in black . use the same Case Number. Even if there is no basis for reducing back child support, we can petition the Court to set-up a payment plan, so that you will have sufficient funds to support your current household. Child support arrears between 1975 and 2006, according to the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement, reached $105.4 billion. These cases can turn into lifetime problems. In one case, we were able to excuse 3 years of back support because we showed that the child was actually living with Dad during that time. Just for starters, the credit card company does not have the power to either — suspend your driver’s license, revoke your passport, intercept your tax refund or even threaten you with jail for contempt if are suddenly unable to make payments. Under California law, interest is added onto child support arrears at the rate of 10% per year. Other states don't require it. You should use experienced counsel to handle your case, as you may only have a single shot at resolving it. Back child support, or child support arrears, can build up if a parent encounters some kind of financial hardship. Once you have a case for child support services, the DOR can negotiate a payment agreement with your ex to collect child support arrears.