Larkin's text may be a "missing link": It's largely "Streets of Laredo," but it starts with the "home in Montana" half-verse. The cowboy sketches the life of a horseman following cattle in the wilderness. There are reports of versions from Montana, possibly unprintable. Big Sky Country has inspired a lot of beautiful songs. The cowboy sketches the life of a horseman following cattle in the wilderness This was apparently composed (based on elements of "The Streets of Laredo") as a cowboy song suitable for young people. "My home's in Montana, I wear a bandana, My spurs are of silver, my pony is gray. While riding the ranges my luck never changes, With my foot in the stirrup I gallop for aye." While riding the ranges my luck never changes, With my foot in the stirrup I gallop for aye." - RBW, Ohrlin-HBT 1, "My Home's in Montana" (1 text, 1 tune), Pankake-PHCFSB, p. 247, "My Home's in Montana" (1 text, 1 tune), Larkin, pp. "My home's in Montana, I wear a bandana, My spurs are of silver, my pony is gray. These 8 Songs About Montana Will Touch Your Soul Today.

30-31, "The Cowboy's Lament" (1 text, 1 tune, with four verses that are clearly "Streets of Laredo" but an opening that is "My Home's in Montana"). Lyrics to 'Montana' by Frank Zappa: I might be movin' to Montana soon Just to raise me up a crop of Dental Floss Raisin' it up Way out there the blues will never find me oh I'm going to Montana to rest my soul I wish that special someone was goin' along But she don't love me anymore so I'll be gone Maybe I can find someone who cares a sweet simple baby who'd love to share This love I've held inside me for so long and help me sing my Montana song ooh Montana Lyrics: I might be movin' to Montana soon / Just to raise me up a crop of dental floss / Raisin' it up / Waxin' it down / In a little white box / That I can sell uptown / By myself I See the notes in Ohrlin for the background.