Dissimilarity is difference between things otherwise alike or comparable: a dissimilarity between the twins' personalities. http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/wo... Indifference (when opposite of ability is inability!). so it follows,the opposite cannot be the same, as sameness cannot be difference. therefore, we may conclude, same difference. Grammatically IF the opposite for 'different' is 'identity' then an opposite for 'difference' is 'identity'. Will you allow your neighbors to live in your house for a short time if their own housing is lost(flood,fire,hurricane,etc.)? Several different scientists all reached this conclusion at about the same time. "different." the opposite implies a duality. if you were talking in terms of maths then the opposite of difference would be sum. Synonyms: contrast, disagreement, discrepancy… Antonyms: alikeness, analogousness, analogy… Find … Antonyms for difference ˈdɪf ər əns, ˈdɪf rəns This page is about all possible antonyms and opposite words for the term difference. Get answers by asking now. Find another word for difference. I felt very inadequate ; I felt like I ’d made the worst decision of my life, it can come in many different forms. Still have questions? Find more opposite words at wordhippo.com! There’s lots of children, there’s noise, there’s activity. Opposite of exhibiting a difference or not being the same, “I have a regular daily routine where I go to bed at the, Opposite of distinct or separate (used for emphasis after numbers or determiners of quantity), Opposite of the state of being varied or diverse, Opposite of the state of being unlike most others, Opposite of the resulting state of having been modified, Opposite of containing, consisting of, or producing harsh, unpleasant or discordant sounds, Opposite of presenting a choice between two or more possibilities, “They sent Roeh to David, who offered him the, Opposite of forming or viewed as a unit apart or by itself, “The characteristic flavor of any coffee is, Opposite of not consistent or in harmony with, Opposite of having been changed from an original form, Opposite of standing on its own apart from the others, “I believe I am well-suited for the job due to my past experience in a, Opposite of not associated or linked in a sequence, Opposite of strange or unfamiliar in nature, Opposite of in reference to an alternative option, “We must focus our attention to reach higher echelons by working hard with a, Opposite of contrasting or conflicting with each other. Why were most of Nikola Tesla's unique inventions stolen ? In my opinion. Being so, Identity is at the same time self-relation, and, what is more, negative self-relation; in other words, it draws a distinction between it and itself.'. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/difference. We are going to be on the grid next year. It is very important to know synonyms and antonyms of words when you are learning a language. We're used to these big snowstorms in New England, but 2 to 3 feet all at once and 50 to 60 mph winds? 45 synonyms of difference from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 87 related words, definitions, and antonyms.

Why didn't any of the Dixie States vote for Biden? Smart *** answer : If the oppositve of 'diffrent' is 'same' then the opposite of 'diffrence' is 'sameness.'.

uniformity or similarity or something else? . https://www.synonyms.com/antonyms/different. Another word for difference. The main difference between synonyms and antonyms is that synonyms are words with similar meanings, whereas antonyms are words with opposite meanings.. Basically, a synonym is the opposite of an antonym. Find more ways to say difference, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Thanks for your vote! Antonyms for different include same, alike, identical, similar, like, matching, resembling, clone, equal and equivalent. Distinction often means a difference in detail determinable only by close inspection: the distinction between "good" and "excellent.". Princeton's WordNet (4.00 / 1 vote) Rate these antonyms: different (adj) unlike in nature or quality or form or degree Unlikeness usually implies greater and more obvious difference: unlikeness among their teaching styles. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. What do you think of the answers? STANDS4 LLC, 2020. It may add up to different somethings. What is the difference of 4 from 2, it is 2, what is the difference of 4 from 0, it is 4 . Day and night, black and white, bright and dark, long and short etc are examples of antonyms. We are homing in on a solution, we will have a solution, it will be a little bit different to where we currently are. What is the opposite of 'difference'? Antonyms also tell us that one of the pairs is not like the other. As we have seen, besides, Identity is undoubtedly a negative – not however an abstract empty Nought, but the negation of Being and its characteristics. Web. We truly appreciate your support. Antonyms:akin, alike, analogous, equal, equivalent, homogeneous, identical, kindred, like, resembling, same, similar, uniform, Synonyms:dissimilar, distinct, heterogeneous, unlike, Synonyms:dissimilar, unlike, contrary, opposite, contrasted, variant, diversified, manifold, various, diverse, sundry, incompatible, heterogeneous, nondescript, miscellaneous unclassifiable, unique. Antonyms. This supposition renders an answer to the question impossible. But in general English, it would be Similarity. If i get cobalt from Russia and South America, it is technically the same. Get instant synonyms for any word that hits you anywhere on the web!

Identity. Antonyms for difference include similarity, resemblance, likeness, comparability, sameness, similitude, alikeness, analogy, commonality and conformity.

I like to have peace and quiet when I’m traveling.”. We are prepared to distribute to HHS up to 2,000 deployable ventilators for use as needed. '[b] Difference § 116. If Identity is viewed as diverse from Difference, all that we have in this way is but Difference; and hence we cannot demonstrate the advance to difference, because the person who asks for the How of the progress thereby implies that for him the starting-point is non-existent. when given two completely identical objects, they are different in their identity, but there is no discernible difference, as they are basically the same. Difference: the quality or state of being different. You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer. because mannerisms means to do something the same like same trait or same habit. “They are a totally different type of people. What's the difference between a therapist and the rapist? Same difference?