Mash until chicken is evenly coated. You don't just have to use this seasoning mix for fajitas. So easy, so good! Was great. oil. Here’s an overview of the skillet method (it’s great with steak too! I’ve honestly never put sugar in any other mixture I’ve made for fajitas but this was very good. To create a marinade, combine fajita seasoning Learn how your comment data is processed. Hi!

-Meggan. I used sirloin steak using the seasoning and marinated as listed.

1 lb. There’s nothing I love more than cooking for my family, cooking for friends, and cooking for every occasion! Meanwhile, to the skillet with the fat over medium-high heat, add bell peppers and onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Awesome seasoning.

This is a quick and simple homemade seasoning recipe that will take fajitas to the next level! When you made the seasoning, did you use the 1/2 teaspoon (which would be 1/4 teaspoon if you only used half of the spice mix)? My wife is a bit of a Wuss when it comes to spicy food.

Is it really better than using a credit card? Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Fajita Seasoning! Fajita seasoning is a blend of chili powder, salt, paprika, sugar, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and a bit of cayenne pepper. So, I came up with an easy 7-ingredient version of my own. It’s incredibly simple and can be mixed together in minutes (and you can reduce or omit the salt and the sugar if you want to).This versatile spice blend is great on fajitas and grilled veggies alike. Serving size: 3/4 teaspoon (amount of seasoning per 1/4 lb of meat). Before I decide whether to omit the optional bromelain, it would be good to know its purpose here.

-Meggan. Cut it in half if you're cooking 2 pounds of chicken, quarter it if you're cooking 1 pound of chicken. Onion powder: same suggestion as garlic powder, do not use onion salt. Great stuff! (You'll also get free recipes via email.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.

-Meggan.

This versatile spice blend is great on fajitas, tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and more! If you use gmail, drag the welcome email to your Priority Inbox so you won't miss future freebies. 1 small onion, thinly sliced. -Meggan. Store in an air-tight container in a dry place.

Hi Julie, It is used as a meat tenderizer.

Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.

Fajita seasoning has garlic powder and onion powder. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. I used 1/8 tsp cayenne and the heat was present, but slight and my kids could eat it easily. Hi Sarith, sorry about that! Please read my disclosure for more information. Thank you for posting this recipe, and if I may make one suggestion, put a note somewhere to add Margaritas to the meal, as these are restaurant quality fajitas, and would go superbly with it.

I’m a light weight with spices, and my lips are of fire, but it was so good! These all-in-one recipes are wholesome, simple and affordable. Hi Catrina, thank you so much! You can read more about it in the post above under the title “WHAT DOES THE BROMELAIN IN THE FAJITA MIX RECIPE DO?”. Fortunately, this simple homemade fajita seasoning recipe comes together in less than 5 minutes. Type your question or comment below, and click "Post Comment". ): Fajita seasoning, of course! It’s only supposed to be HALF the seasoning blend, not the whole seasoning blend.

Made it awesome.

1 medium onion, cut into thin strips. It naturally breaks down proteins, so is used in many commercial meat seasonings as a tenderizer. boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1/2-inch strips. Sugar replacements by Wholesome Yum. Simply combine Organic Fajita Seasoning Mix with strips of chicken or beef, onion and bell pepper as they cook. Join 140,000+ subscribers to get a FREE KETO QUICK START GUIDE + new recipes 3x/week! -Meggan. Learn how to make homemade fajita seasoning mix yourself!

It might help brown the chicken, too, but I add it for the flavor.

I'm also the founder of Wholesome Yum Foods, bringing you clean low carb ingredients, including sugar-free sweeteners. Thanks!

If you don’t have it, it’s fine to just skip it, too. Marinate at least 30 minutes (room temperature) or up to 1 hour (refrigerated).

I am keeping a batch of this in my fridge to use again! YES, also email me a printable keto food list (over 230 foods)! These two seasonings are very similar. Real Simple is part of the Meredith Home Group.

Store simple fajita seasoning recipe in an airtight container for up to 1 year. Taco seasoning contains more cumin and paprika, while fajita seasoning has  more garlic and onion powder. Store simple fajita seasoning recipe in an airtight container for up to 1 year. this website. Love this recipe! 1 medium bell pepper, cut into thin strips.

You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Here's how to get your freebie: Copyright © 2015-2020 Wholesome Yum®. There are so many ways to use this easy homemade fajita seasoning! Set up your Flavour Profile or log in to: This spice has now been added to your Flavour Profile, under "My Spices".

Simply mix all the fajita seasoning ingredients together in a jar, and you’re done! Our Organic Fajita Seasoning offers an easy way to create the classic, mouth-watering Tex-Mex dish with grilled meats and vegetables - perfect for a fiesta any day of the week. Some readers have reported that this is too spicy for them, so if you feel in your gut that half is too spicy, please use less or omit the cayenne pepper when you make the spice blend.

This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.

You don’t need to add oil, but you can, I’d do like 1 or 2 tablespoons. Marinate at least 30 minutes (room temperature) or up to 1 hour (refrigerated).