Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. This recipe for 13 Bean Soup is such a wonderful r, This is happening tonight! Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Laura! You really don’t taste the spicy or savory notes of the pepper.

Such a lovely recipe! Thanks For sharing, Hello Candice, Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.

I had a holiday request from my man for some cookies to satisfy his sweet tooth, so naturally I had to deliver. I am sitting here with a tea and wishing I had some more of those cookies to go with it. In a mixer with a paddle, or by hand, cream the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. thank you! Come and join me on this culinary journey where I share my passion for the creative, technical and teaching components of the profession and unravel culinary quandaries for you with fun and easy to follow user-friendly recipes, tips & techniques. Roughly chop the crystalized ginger either by hand or with a small food processor. Scrape the batter down the sides of the bowl. Your email address will not be published. In addition to the standard spice additions of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg, this recipe also calls for a dash of black pepper. I am absolutely loving the combination of pomagranate, orange and cloves here, it is perfect fall treat. Instead, it has a nice balance of sweet, tart, and sour flavors. Bakery-Style Frosted Sugar Cookies Yummly. My daughter just asked me to make her cookies and these are great!

Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes or until golden. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. Let the dough balls sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, then roll them in granulated sugar and bake as directed. Turn out the prepared dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour. If the dough was chilling longer than 2 hours, let it come to room temperature for 30 minutes while the oven preheats. Beat until well-mixed. Molasses is a thick sweet syrup that's great for dessert recipes, and made even better when infused with tangy pomegranate. Instead, the black pepper just heightens the spicy notes of the ginger and bumps up the intensity of the other spices.

Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Pomegranate molasses has become one of my favorite ingredients, but it’s a tricky one for many people. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Cool 5 minutes on the sheets, then transfer to a rack until completely cool. The last spin that I put on this recipe was the addition of crystalized or candied ginger. It’s best to let the dough chill overnight to let all of the spices blend but you’ll need to chill for at least an hour to ensure your cookies don’t spread too much in the oven.