There has to be a connection to the present.

<< x����_w��q����h���zΞ=u۪@/����t-�崮gw�=�����RK�Rl�¶Z����@�(� �E @�B.�����|�0�L� ��~>��>�L&C}��;3���lV�U���t:�V{ |�\R4)�P�����ݻw鋑�������: ���JeU��������F��8 �D��hR:YU)�v��&����) ��P:YU)�4Q��t�5�v�� `���RF)�4Qe�#a� Both are correct . /ProcSets [/PDF /Text /ImageB /ImageC /ImageI] stream /G0 5 0 R stream Grammar explanation. You’ve been working hard today. << Note: In American English, it’s possible to use either the present perfect or the past simple with the adverbs just, already and yet. �B�P( �B�P( The difference between the past simple and the present perfect causes problems for many people. /SM 0.02 For the Present Perfect the following words are used quite often: just; yet; never; already; ever; so far; up to now; recently; since; for Present Perfect Tense I have done Present Perfect Continuous Tense I have been doing Past Tense I did do, I did Past Continuous Tense ... past present future The situation is now. %����

1. If you use more than 5 words your answer will be wrong. /Type /ExtGState I _____ (solve) the problem. $ @H* �,�T Y � �@R d�� ���{���ؘ]>cNwy���M�

Another is that the present perfect continuous is especially used when the action is ending or changing. 1 2 .

Past simple The baby is crying. There has to be a connection to the present. /Filter /FlateDecode << I’ve been here for ages. OR Didn’t you finish that yet?

The Present Perfect Progressive is also called present perfect continuous.

2 0 obj For example: ‘You look tired. You use the past simple for completed actions in the past, often with an expression of time, e.g. /Width 320 >> 1.- At last! PRESENT PERFECT vs PRESENTE PERFECT CONTINUOUS Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets. Write the same sentence using the present perfect tense. %PDF-1.4 Nick has been lying in bed for two days. /Keywords (DACEOzubook) 7 0 obj Present Perfect Progressive.

/Title (�� P r e s e n t p e r f e c t a n d t i m e e x p r e s s i o n s e x e r c i s e s p d f)

endobj endobj >> /Type /ExtGState [/Pattern /DeviceRGB] >> /SA true Haven’t you finished that yet? Present perfect or past simple exercises with answers pdf: This div height required for enabling the sticky sidebar. She’s known him since last year. Note: You use for to say how long an action has been going on and since to say when the action started.

3 0 obj I’ve just seen Matt. He’s had a cold since Friday. /Contents 10 0 R

/Creator (Canva) The Present Perfect Simple is used, if an action happened in the past and there is a connection to the present.

endobj There is a difference between the participles been and gone. /SA true /F1 8 0 R /Width 625 Would love your thoughts, please comment. � �l%��Ž��� �W��H* �=BR d�J:::�� �$ @H* �,�T Y � �@R d�� �I �� The difference between the past simple and the present perfect causes problems for many people. � << endobj /X0 6 0 R This is a useful material for the practice of adverbs in English. We’ve already told him.

1 0 obj

endobj Tom has been to Turkey. Example: (a) Tigger ate lunch an hour ago. Take a rest!’ So that’s one difference between them. /XObject << /MediaBox [0.0 0.11029053 595.0 841.8897]

Grammar B1-B2: Present perfect simple and present perfect continuous: 1. She's been dancing. (He’s in Turkey now.). ◉Be careful!

Present perfect or past simple? yesterday, last week, in 2001, a few years ago, etc. It is used when a long action has started in the past and has just ended (usually recently) or is still continuing. /Type /XObject