We no longer vend at any farmers markets BUT we do offer delivery and on-farm sales! Spray a 9x13 pan with vegetable spray. Recently, I decided I'd begin to foray into the more exotic, and working alongside the folks at in Hudson has afforded me the opportunity to branch out beyond the typical barbecue fare. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Once you've reached the proper temperature, brush the meat lightly and evenly on all sides with your favorite barbecue sauce, replace the lid and allow the sauces to "set" on the meat for an additional 5 minutes. Their retail shop, a space I share where I produce my (located across the street from ), not only includes locally raised beef, pork and chicken, but it also carries everything from alligator and alpaca to python and zebra. don’t know: i have no experience with squirrel! This rich game meat is delicious when slow-cooked in stews, roasted or served in pies and pasta ragu. Register for a user account. We use rabbits that were hunted in the great Southwest desert during rabbit season. Most of our rabbit recipes are derived from Italian and French cuisines, which lend themselves to slow-braised rabbit dishes and preserved rabbit. Lay your rabbit on the grill, marinade side down. . Rest, then chop and serve to your happy guests for a high protein, lean alternative to … First time I caught a rabbit too.

Swap the traditional coq for rabbit in this rich French stew made with shallots, carrots, bacon and mushrooms in a red wine sauce 2 hrs and 50 mins

Toss the rabbit pieces with the spices until they are completely covered with the mixture.

In terms of flavor, the Canada goose…, Another comfort food favorite to enjoy. The loin muscles and hind legs should be placed nearer the coals or burners, to ensure they are ready at the same time as the smaller cuts are. U.S. Next, take a bowl of water mixed with salt till slightly salty, put the rabbits in the bowl *make sure they are fully submerged*. If you can BBQ chicken thighs, you’ve got rabbit down. You guys want a good marinade for rabbit is a Greek vinaigrette dressing and let it soak for about 24 hours I used kraft it awesome. WHILE grilling the rabbit, every 15 or so minutes baste the rabbit with melted butter to keep him nice and moist on the grill. Don't forget to grill that delicious liver! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Because rabbit is lean and lacks fatty skin, you'll get fewer flame ups from fat catching on fire. Hi, Shrey: https://patch.com/wisconsin/hudson-wi/bp--recipe-backyard-barbecued-rabbit Turn the bag over several times to coat rabbit with marinade and allow to marinate in refrigerator 2 to 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Rabbit is best cooked on the BBQ grill whole with the ribcage split and flattened vs cut up before grilling: the loins and thighs can really dry out if cooked parted up first.

There are two thin pieces of meat (the belly flaps) that are easily wrapped around the rest of the "roast," allowing the entire piece to cook evenly and not waste any protein. Step 2 I’ll look for the recipe. The views expressed here are the author's own. This post was contributed by a community member. I’d think so. Heat your BBQ to medium high. Now is the time to toss the rabbits on the grill. To begin, the rabbit should be cut in a similar manner as you may do with a whole chicken. Filed Under: Recipes Tagged With: bbq rabbit, eat more rabbit, grilled rabbit, meat rabbit, rabbit, spicy plum sauce, summer grilling. I lived in Spain for two years where I was taught the art of making the Paella which originated in Valencia. Cook rabbit recipes with photos! Cook rabbit in a range of comforting dishes.

In a large nonstick skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, cook rabbit on both sides until browned; remove from skillet and place pieces in a 13 x 9 casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Set your timer for 15-20 minutes. This rich game meat is delicious when slow-cooked in stews, roasted or served in pies and pasta ragu. Flip the rabbit longways (so the hindlegs are now where the forelegs were) and coat with the last of the sauce. Your email address will not be published. Once the temperature hits the mark take them off and Enjoy. Spoon the sauce mixture over the rabbit and bake for 45 to 60 minutes until an instant-read thermometer reads 160F. (trust me: rabbit liver is super mild and delicious!). Does it make a difference if you were to marinate the whole rabbit 24 hours in advance? Rabbit recipes; This competition is now closed. i don’t purchase bottled dressings but i have done a similar thing with homemade honey mustard. While not the most exotic meat in the case, rabbit is somewhat unfamiliar to many people. Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. Low in cholesterol and easily digestible, rabbit is one of the healthiest proteins available. 'Cacciatore' means hunter in Italian and, although we now think of it as a chicken dish, it is a particularly good way to cook rabbit, This is a true taste of autumn, a big bowl of rich, dark, boozy rabbit casserole, Slow-cook rich game into a delicious ragu to serve with ribbon pasta - stock and wine will keep the lean meat moist, Despite having only a few ingredients, this take on a Lancashire hotpot is packed with flavour, Swap the traditional coq for rabbit in this rich French stew made with shallots, carrots, bacon and mushrooms in a red wine sauce, This shortcrust pie has a creamy leek, mustard, cider and fennel sauce. This recipe for Barbecued Rabbit can be used with either wild or domestic rabbit meat. Grab your cleaver to chop the rabbit up into servings after it has rested. 1 (3 pound) rabbit, cleaned and cut into pieces, 1 cup salt-free garlic marinade (such as Mrs Dash®). Not only can you boil or bake rabbit but BBQ grilled rabbit is so good too!… Submitted by Heather C. – Salt *enough to make water taste salty*, Legendary Whitetails Ambassador Joe Keckeisen is back in the kitchen! With minimal preparation, a few spices to season and a little time on the grill, your experience in cooking a whole rabbit won't be your last.

You can marinade in anything you prefer! The smokiness of the grill is what the outdoor cooking experience is all about, so be sure to add chunks of hardwood to the coals or add woodchips in a smoker box or foil pouch if using the gas grill. Hands down my all time favorite way to cook rabbit is to throw it on the BBQ. Serve with buttery radishes, baby carrots and peas, This simple Sunday roast is ready in 45 minutes, just enough time to prepare the side dishes of your choice. Rabbit and garlic-a very different take on your classic grilling option. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. We will definitely be adding this to our favorites. Say it ain’t so!

Mix the rest of the ingredients into the skillet, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes uncovered to thicken the sauce. As I’ve already mentioned, my first try at grilling rabbit was all but a catastrophe. Rabbit recipes by Gordon Ramsay. The ribcage can then be separated from the back loin muscles (the most tender part f the animal), leaving you with what resembles a small roast. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Rest, then chop and serve to your happy guests for a high protein, lean alternative to chicken this grilling season! 16. Thanks. This week, he’s sharing a favorite family venison recipe, with a little…, Follow Jack Hennessy for all things cooking, family, and hunting at @WildGameJack on Instagram and @BraisingTheWild.

Check the meat after another 15 minutes with a meat thermometer. I’ve heard too many food scientists say marinating doesn’t do anything. All rights reserved. Stir in 8 tablespoons of olive oil, the lemon zest and juice and the honey, and pour this over the rabbit. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Blackberry Barbecue Rabbit Recipe For this recipe any barbeque sauce will do, but homemade blackberry BBQ sauce keeps your rabbit meat moist and your taste buds wanting more. Remember that rabbit is more filling than chicken so a little goes a long way. Treat your rabbit as you would poultry; internal temperature is the same and appearance of 'done-ness' is the same. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I also cook the ribcage section, as some of the loin muscle runs into this cut and would truly be a shame to waste. What’s the reason to marinate only one side? If you are using wild rabbit the cooking time may be a little longer depending on the type and age of the rabbit… Amount is based on available nutrient data.

Reduce to low. Cooking time will also depend on size of rabbits. Remove rabbit from marinade and shake off excess liquid; discard the used marinade. It’s surprisingly easy to make this classic dish right at home. However, a lot of local stores sell rabbit as well. Serve with fresh mashed potatoes and celery sticks. Rabbit, both domestic and wild, is an extremely lean, delicate meat, with less than half the calories per pound than beef or pork. 540 calories; protein 61.9g 124% DV; carbohydrates 12g 4% DV; fat 25.1g 39% DV; cholesterol 174.7mg 58% DV; sodium 100.1mg 4% DV. The front legs are smaller and will cook quicker, so be sure to place them as far away from your heat source as possible.

We accept cash, check (make out to Miranda Rommel) and Venmo @BirdsongFarmMiranda. The views expressed in this post are the author's own. If you are the person who has never cooked the rabbit before, just try and you will be surprised how easy it is cooked and how tasty it is. One of them is the caliber…, Deer don’t have smartphones with weather apps to forecast what’s to come, but they sure do sense it, and their…, Calling has revolutionized the way I hunt whitetails and increased my success immensely. Wash and pat dry the rabbit pieces; place into a large resealable plastic bag. Delicious BBQ Grilled Rabbit Recipes The title to this recipe says a whole lot. sounds good. Now go turn the grill on and let it get hot. A good rub for poultry works beautifully, or you can make a divine spice mixture by adding the following: Prepare your grill to cook over indirect heat, with the coals banked to one side of your grill to a temperature of 300°F. Your email address will not be published. Add your favorite barbecue sauce or just some simple olive oil and herbs then grill whole for about 30-40 minutes. Always a great conversation starter, these bunnies will make your mouth water! The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients.

WHILE grilling the rabbit, every 15 or so minutes baste the rabbit with melted butter to keep him nice and moist on the grill. Rabbits are done when the core temperature reaches 170F in the fattest part on him. Get your butcher to joint the rabbit, The confit-style cooking in plenty of good olive oil creates meltingly soft rabbit, which is great value in autumn, This is rainy-day comfort food at its best - flat pasta strips tossed with a rich meaty ragu, creamy chestnuts and fragrant orange zest, Use this rich game meat in a delicious light casserole with podded beans, bacon, light ale and thyme, Barney's restaurant classic involves a bit of chef's technique and gives you a stunning result, Bite-sized pieces of rabbit are coated in parmesan and breadcrumbs, deep fried until crisp and golden and served with herby mayonnaise, Wrap a meaty filling, studded with juicy dried apricots, in a hot water pastry crust for a truly British dish, perfect for a buffet, party or picnic, This easy, Middle Eastern inspired rice-based one-pot is spiced with cumin and chilli and sweetened with cinnamon and prunes, This rich terrine, with thyme, allspice and brandy, can be pressed and mature overnight for a perfect make-ahead starter or light lunch, Tailor this mash-topped stew to suit whatever game is in season - add more matured meat if you like a strong game flavour.