And happy vegan anniversary! White Vinegar works best for the flavor balance here.

If you tag me on IG, I will share your post in my stories :). It is not supposed to be piping hot. *If a double boiler (even a homemade one) is not an option, then you can heat this in a saucepan, but make sure it’s at low heat and stir constantly until warmed through. All this to say use whatever salt you like! Required fields are marked *. It doesn’t need to get hot, just warm enough for serving. A ‘classic’ hollandaise sauce uses egg and butter and lemon juice to create an emulsion.

Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. However, the fat adds the all-important mouthfeel of butter in this recipe, so I'll leave it at that. Please do us a favor and rate the recipe as well as this really helps us!

As always, I hope you love this recipe--I know I do (otherwise I wouldn't post it, duh).

Soak the cashews for one hour in hot water.

We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. If you can’t get black salt then you can use regular salt but I really recommend you try black salt some time. Made this tonight with broccoli.

I always prefer fresh squeezed lemon juice if available.

Really creamy, little tangy and very velvety.

This hollandaise is amazing!! This hollandaise sauce is a simple mix of raw cashews (soaked in hot water for one hour), nutritional yeast, lemon juice, white vinegar, water, turmeric, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, black salt (aka kala namak) and cayenne pepper. The base of this easy vegan Hollandaise sauce is actually tahini. If you have to you can switch for apple cider vinegar, but try and use white distilled vinegar if you can.

Place the cashews in a bowl and pour boiling water from the kettle over the top. The most helpful comments are the ones that give useful feedback for others who might make the recipe, tell about substitutions you made or adjustments you made and how it turned out, or assisting other commenters. Black salt (aka kala namak) is not actually black in color at all, and adds a wonderful eggy flavor to this dish! It’s really amazing how much eggy flavor it provides (in a good way). For that eggy flavor, you'll need a substance called black salt or kala nemek. I also liked this with coconut cream and cashew butter (thinned out), but i didn't include those because I thought the tahini was the best one.

Hi I'm Alison Andrews, I'm the voice and cook behind Loving It Vegan and the author of Simple Vegan Dinner Recipes, a digital program created so that you always know the answer to: 'What's For Dinner?' Back to the sauce at hand (and usually on my hands), Hollandaise is rich, creamy, buttery (even my vegan Hollandaise tastes buttery!

I develop whole food plant based vegan recipes that are oil-free, (mostly) gluten-free, easy, healthy, and budget-friendly. However, the fat adds the all-important mouthfeel of butter in this recipe, so I'll leave it at that. Rude or insulting comments will not be accepted. Thank you! Your email address will not be published. Great recipe! There is enough liquid added to this recipe so soaking the cashews first is not mandatory.

But soaking will provide a little extra in terms of a really smooth silky sauce. Super easy to make and the best thing poured over roasted vegetables.

Just make sure you have a good blender to get it silky smooth! Hi Robyn, about 5 days in the fridge (and thanks for asking I’ll update the recipe). Will 100% make this again, fiancé agrees too . This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Highly suggest! How many days can we store this sauce in fridge?

It’s gorgeous poured over roasted vegetables, baked potatoes, oven roasted mushrooms, roasted asparagus, alongside your favorite breakfast scramble or just to dip your baked potato fries! *Prep time is for hands on time and does not include the time spent soaking the cashews. I experimented with several different bases and found this to be the most delicious and authentic tasting while still following the whole food plant based lifestyle guidelines.

About Me →, This post may contain affiliate links. No, this one's not cheese, but given my track record that's a pretty good guess. I made this with asparagus for my friend who is really picky about sauce for asparagus and not yet convinced that vegan can be just as tasteful as non-vegan food. This post may contain affiliate links.

Like I said, I put it on Tofu Eggs Benedict but I also like it on roasted vegetables like asparagus, potatoes, pasta, etc. However, if you’re not a huge eggs fan, leave it out and this recipe will still be delicious. The most divine vegan hollandaise sauce with all the flavor you can dream of. We just use a small amount in this recipe but if you hate turmeric you can omit it, but you will of course lose the yellow color.

White or apple cider vinegar would be a nice substitution in this recipe. Add all ingredients to a measuring cup, jar, or bowl and mix well. Then blended with a Vitamix so it’s super smooth. This easy Vegan Hollandaise Sauce is super creamy, tastes like its eggy non-vegan counterpart, and comes together in 5 minutes or less! . My husband and I created Zardyplants to share our fun, delicious food with the world. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.

The tarragon herb wakes up and sends out new leaves around the same time as asparagus spears appear, so they are a good team. Hollandaise is typically served with eggs, vegetables like asparagus, and fish.

However, as mentioned above, it is typically made with non-vegan ingredients, so back when I published my Tofu Eggs Benedict, I decided to make my own.

Used my high speed blender and skipped the step to heat double boiler.

Since black salt is not super salty (ironically), I also added a pinch of regular salt.

Thank you!

These cookies do not store any personal information. How To Make Vegan Hollandaise Sauce. I soaked the cashews and used boiling water to mix the sauce.

Thanks Jenna! Don't have fresh or bottled lemon juice? Chopped fresh tarragon gives Hollandaise a nice herb kick.

It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.

Let it heat, stirring all the while, until it’s warmed through.

Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe

Copyright © 2020 ZardyPlants on the Foodie Pro Theme.

Enjoy immediately or save for later, reheating to serve.

We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Add water to thin if necessary.

Please read my disclosure policy. Glad you enjoyed it! This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. It's super delicious and an easy 30 minute breakfast that's fancy enough to serve for a special occasion or just a lazy Sunday morning. Give it a stir before using.

I don’t know how “hollandaise” it tastes, but I make this sauce with chickpeas instead of cashews. See our disclosure policy for details. Please read my. Transfer the blended sauce to a double boiler if you have one or make a homemade double boiler* by placing a heat safe dish over a pot with a couple of inches of boiling water.

Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a58223043fda1243203135496ec2c415" );document.getElementById("d833ff4613").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hi I’m Alison Andrews!

Can I use something in place of the cashews?

It is nut-free, mayo free, and tofu free, which makes it accessible to all! This hollandaise sauce is a simple mix of raw cashews (soaked in hot water for one hour), nutritional yeast, lemon juice, white vinegar, water, turmeric, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, black salt (aka kala namak) and cayenne pepper.

, 1/4 cup melted vegan butter or refined coconut oil, 1/4-1/2 tsp ground turmeric (use 1/2 tsp for more yellow color).

For what it's worth, I would NEVER share a recipe I didn't think was delicious. This one is egg-free, soy-free, nut-free, oil-free, and gluten-free! Thanks so much for sharing Nina! The sauce I'm bringing you today is actually called Hollandaise, an emusified egg, butter and lemon juice sauce originating in the Netherlands and France. Blend it all up in the blender jug and then gently heat over low heat in a saucepan or over a double boiler. But oh my it creates a gorgeous color here and mimics what a ‘real’ hollandaise sauce looks like. Tag @lovingitvegan on Instagram and hashtag it #lovingitvegan. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. ★☆

Add the soaked cashews to the blender jug along with the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, white vinegar, water, turmeric, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, black salt and cayenne pepper.

You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies.

If you include the turmeric in yours, adding black pepper would boost the turmeric's anti-inflammatory effects!

*If you don’t have black salt you can use regular salt but you will lose some of the eggy flavor.

It was actually super easy and took only a few minutes and a handful of ingredients I already had on hand. ★☆

Soaking the cashews makes them really easy to blend up in this recipe and also makes the sauce extremely smooth.