Good taste didn’t add the optional salt but think at least half would be better. Next, heat the oil and butter in the oven before adding the seasoned chicken and baking at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

I don’t have bread crumbs on hand but I do have Panko do you think that this would be an ok substitute? […].

All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Shake until the chicken thighs are coated thoroughly. I've never met a cocktail that I didn't like. This recipe is fantastic! Turned for last 15 minutes. What a great idea! I’m making a large amount for a party and would like to have them ready to go in the oven the day of…. You can always grind up heals of bread or dry toast in food processor or old fashioned grinder thus making your own bread crumbs. Place the hot pan on a potholder or trivet.

I haven’t had that in years!

There are many different ways to make it. Shake 'n Bake is a type of flavored breadcrumb mix from Kraft Foods. My parents would not get shake and bake and so I always wondered what it tasted like.

A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts, Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together, Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube.

Do you think you could share this recipe and any other great recipes you have over at our link party?

It’s my new recipe for The Best Homemade Shake & Bake Mix! Repeat until all legs are prepped. Pinning this . Thank you.".

Always be sure to thoroughly wash your hands, cutting surfaces and utensils prior to allowing them to come in contact with cooked products. Could these be coated and refrigerated the day before baking? Keep it traditional, turn up the heat or give it an ethnic flair. See my privacy policy for details. These oven baked chicken thighs were utterly devoured by the entire family and they are seriously the crispiest oven baked chicken thighs you will ever eat – unless you are making the actual Shake and Bake from the package.

Karlynn Facts: I'm allergic to broccoli. Read on for three ways to make chicken legs: honey baked, spicy hot, and rosemary garlic.

Awesome!

Melt butter/margarine in a 9x13 inch baking dish in the preheated oven. Crispy baked chicken is the best, and we don’t think to make it nearly enough over here.

Thanks for sharing it. Site Index Chicken Chicken breast Chicken legs Chicken recipes. You need the crushed up Panko in this recipe to get the crispiest chicken legs ever! Yes, the coating will work great on other pieces of chicken as well!!

The results are crispy chicken … Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more. I didn’t have bread crumbs so I pulsed up some Stuffing Mix, oiled the chicken first and added cayenne pepper.

Place 1 to 2 pieces of oiled chicken in the bag and shake to thoroughly coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure there is at least some space between each chicken leg, or they'll steam rather than bake. Was very easy to make. Who remembers their Mom making Shake and Bake and fighting over the chicken drumsticks?

I have found if you wet the chicken, it sticks pretty well.

Miz Helen, We LOVE crispy baked chicken so I’m glad to have your homemade breading recipe.

Baked chicken is always a family favorite and it’s even better with nice, crunchy skin.

To reduce the fat in these recipes, you can remove the skin from each of the chicken legs. ( that sounded more pervy than I wanted…..).

Finish by removing the chicken from the oven and covering it with the honey sauce. Visiting my mom on summer vacations from Tokyo, I loved wandering the American supermarkets. Baking, or roasting, chicken legs results in juicy, flavorful meat and crispy skin. Sign up with your email address to be the first to know about new products, VIP offers, blog features & more.

Con you use melted butter in place of the canola oil? I followed the instructions for temp and, "This is the spices and ingredients I used to coat my drumsticks.

Use bone-in chicken to yield the juiciest results.