You can eat it hot or cold, as a breakfast or a keto snack. As an eater who is primarily interested in taste, I have a slight problem with Kellogg's putting the Special K name on a cereal that has none of Special K's characteristic rice-iness.

The Nutritional Target Map™ allows you to see at a glance how foods line up with your nutritional and weight-management goals.

Three nutty cereals from Nutritious Living are lower-carb choices.

Nutrition Data awards foods 0 to 5 stars in each of three categories, based on their nutrient density (ND Rating) and their satiating effect (Fullness Factor™). Try these low-carb cereals for a healthier breakfast option. Now that you’ve had a low carb breakfast, keep eating healthy for all your meals! Protein quality is dependent on having all the essential amino acids in the proper proportions. If you want to increase your calorie intake without getting too full, choose foods from the bottom half of the map.Read more about the Nutritional Target Map, Nutritional Target Map for Cereals ready-to-eat, KELLOGG'S, SPECIAL K Low Carb Lifestyle Protein Plus. tough-to-the-point-of-seeming-stale Total Protein. Nuts on the other hand are low in carbohydrates, so they add some flavor without boosting the carb count. CALORIC RATIO PYRAMID™ Head to your nearest supermarket today to find some great low carb cereals! The five brands above provide particularly good options in their low carb counts along with high fiber and protein. Bonnie: Looking for something different and nutritious to carry as a snack? Amazon.com: low carb cereal special k. Skip to main content. Cereal is a quick and easy meal for breakfast.

Carolyn Wyman is a junk-food fanatic and author of "Jell-O: A Biography" (Harvest/Harcourt). (Go File > Print Preview > adjust the Shrink To Fit dropdown to 100%.) If you prefer hot to cold cereal, Sensato makes a High Fiber Hot Cereal that comes in five flavors: plain, apple cinnamon, butter pecan, “strawberrilicious,” and vanilla almond.

By using this site, you agree to the use of cookies. Because it's high in fiber (5g) and low in carbs (3g of net carbs). Your email address will not be published.

Each serving has 14 grams of carbs, but five grams are fiber and only two grams are sugar. (Fortunately I like onions.)

By combining complementary proteins, you may be able to increase the overall quality of the protein you consume.Read more about Protein Quality. But, if you are on a low-carbohydrate diet, it may not be that simple.

Since I'm a vegetable hummus-dipper, I like Tribe a bit better. $5.19 per 21-ounce bag. ☝️, Awesome, You’re All Set! Kamala Harris’ achievement was built on the shoulders of those who came before. This graphic shows you what percentage of the calories in a food come from carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and alcohol.

This Special K is no exception to my latter complaint. At 22.75 grams of carbohydrates per cup, Kellogg’s Special K cereal is a lower-carb content choice. newsletter, ‘It’s all God’: The story of faith behind this Utah man and his sweet potato pies, Jordan District moves 14 schools online due to high absenteeism, uptick in COVID-19 cases, How Salt Lake County adapted to help seniors when pandemic stole their social network, U.S. Army veteran gets triple the chance at life, with Utah’s first triple organ transplant, This University of Utah football assistant coach’s wife is on ‘The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City’. The closer a food is to the right edge of the map, the more essential nutrients per calorie it contains. - In Internet Explorer 7 you will need to adjust the default "Shrink To Fit" setting.