The meat shrinks back from the bone during cooking, and at the end you’re left with a tray of double-handled meat bone mallets. Then there’s the cool way Lett recommends having the ribs portioned; rather than buying pre-cut, tidy squares of short ribs, you’re instructed to ask your butcher for long Flintstones-style ribs that are 10” long. When meat is cool enough to handle, cut off the bone, remove cartilage, turn the meat over, and cut … This will probably take an additional hour. Thank you. Lett’s short rib technique is an anti-braise, if you will—a low-and-slow dry heat oven process that yields crunchy-tender mammoth ribs that take … Pickled red onions, shaved celery dressed with lemon juice, or a vinegar-doused cabbage slaw would all do the trick. So fortunately they can also be made quite well in the oven! *Link to download will be in your confirmation email. The way you made it looks like a restaurant quality ribs. If you’re careful to remove the liquid, the slow cooker does act like a regular oven and will roast and not steam. Dry rub the entire rib ensuring good coverage. All rights reserved. I love this method for slow-roasting short ribs for a lot of reasons, but Number One on the list is that I get to say “set it and forget it” many times while it cooks. Just do ’em low & slow–don’t try to hurry it up. 1.9 g If you have a Ninja cooker, you can place the ribs on the included rack and set to slow cook. an … This slow-roasted short ribs recipe is for you. "And the rib, which Travis had taken from a cow, made he this dish, and brought it unto us. Anyone can do it!” Usually, I’m not being completely honest. I’m gonna give this one a try, and I hope I end up making the same as yours. Recipes you want to make. In traditional recipes, the ribs (usually cut into short 2- to 3-inch chunks by the butcher) are braised for several hours. Step 1: What You'll Need: a rack of ribs (I used the "baby back" variety) a baking sheet cooling racks or other wire racks to keep the meat above the baking sheet spices for dry rub (recipe on next step!) Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Combine all the rub ingredients in a small bowl; then rub each rib generously with the mixture. let marinate over night or as long as you prefer. Bon Appétit may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. But the main reason I keep coming back to these ribs is because I’m lazy, they’re easy, and the results will astound you and whoever is lucky enough to have been invited over that day. And if you want them to shine (literally) for the presentation, a quick brush with some olive oil will do it. Short list of ingredients, hands-off, foolproof technique, minimal equipment needs, superstar end product. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Your California Privacy Rights. So simple but so delicious. May be made in the slow cooker too. However, the texture is best when they are done low and slow on the gas BBQ grill. Restaurant recommendations you trust.