Cocktail time on a Friday evening is a nice end to the work week. I'll be making this again as a regular summer drink. Add 50ml watermelon gin with 10ml simple sugar syrup and some ice. Don't forget sugar for the rim! If you've never muddled before, I recommend watching.

We’ve got lots of great classic gin cocktails to try: Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. Put the coriander seeds at the bottom of a cocktail shaker and crush lightly. …….. this is a very delicious (and moreish) cocktail. Rim glasses with lime wedge then dip in sugar. Gorgeous new site design!

248 calories; protein 0.3g 1% DV; carbohydrates 45.3g 15% DV; fat 0.1g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 57.9mg 2% DV. Your email address will not be published. © 2020 The View From Great Island. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. https://www.thespruceeats.com/tasty-watermelon-cocktail-recipes-4156892 Using a muddler, muddle them all together very well. It's made with fresh watermelon juice, mint leaves, cucumber, and a quick simple syrup. As a good cook and follower of this blog, I know you already have coriander seeds in your cupboard  . Pour gin and tonic water over the watermelon and ice; stir. In cocktail shaker, muddle the lemon slices and mint leaves. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Privacy Policy. To make the watermelon juice put 1 lb of roughly chopped watermelon (this will be approximately half of a mini watermelon) into a blender or food processor. If you love watermelon you need to try my SUMMER MELON SALAD ~ it’s an adorably creative fruit salad. Pour the cocktail evenly amongst the two glasses. The recipes have been well tested and will work for you and your family every time!

I love what you have done to your site! It has a delicious delicate sweet flavour, and the sweetness of the watermelon is balanced perfectly to create a juicy and refreshing pink gin.

Add a handful of ice cubes to two cocktail glasses. Muddle 5-6 strawberries in a mixer glass. x. Hi Sue – Your blog is BEAUTIFUL and that gin rickey looks pretty good too.

Add about 4 cups of ice, the gin, and the watermelon juice and stir. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 5 m; Squeeze lime into cocktail glass and drop lime wedge into the juice; add watermelon and enough ice to fill glass to top. Chop pieces of watermelon and put them through a blender to liquify. If you’re first thought is  ‘yuck, I hate the taste of watermelon’ you’re probably thinking about artificial, over sweetened watermelon flavor. The View from Great Island is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. A Couple Cooks was awarded the IACP Best Individual Blog award in 2019 by the International Association of Culinary Professional, © 2020 - A Couple Cooks®| Privacy Policy and Disclosure. Serve, garnished with mint sprigs and an extra lime wheel or watermelon wedge if desired. A close cousin to the Tom Collins and the Gin Fizz, all three go back to the early days of mixed drinks in this country. It's made with fresh …

The coriander echoes the spice flavors in the Bombay Sapphire gin. Pour over a mesh sieve into a large glass. Info. Set aside.

9 of 14

Add Gin, lime juice, agave and mint.

This watermelon cocktail is made more perfect by the watermelon wedge garnish.

Here in Indianapolis, our friends over at 8th Day Distillery make a local gin that’s a fun local find. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io. Sonja and Alex Overhiser are writer and photographer behind A Couple Cooks and authors of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks and best healthy cookbooks. How to make a Watermelon Cucumber Gin and Tonic?

With these benefits it’s a natural choice to include in a cocktail, and is particularly enjoyable as part of a watermelon gin cocktail. This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. We're always here for feeling fancy sipping from a martini glass, especially when there’s fresh watermelon involved. Garnish with basil and watermelon. Then pour the juice through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container. Cocktail shakers are inexpensive and absolutely worth snagging if you find yourself making lots of cocktails. Don't push the pulp through, just let it drain. Don’t buy the cheapest gin you can find. 1.25 oz. TIP: every wonder how to choose a watermelon?

Spicy Watermelon and Gin Cocktail. Combine 4 oz watermelon juice, lime juice, gin, agave, vermouth, and ice in a cocktail shaker.

This sounds so wonderfully summery! 5 m; Ready In.

Top each glass with 1 1/2 ounces gin, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/3 cup ginger ale (I use a little more soda). Required fields are marked *. Hi! Add watermelon juice, gin, and lime juice to an ice filled glass. I love trying out new ingredients and techniques, reinventing the classics, and hunting down the next great flavor. Add gin, 1 cup of watermelon juice, and about 6 ounces of ice cubes (large handful.)

4 mint leaves, muddled . Read More…. See pretty simple. I think this is the perfect idea if you’re having friends  over and you want one special drink to start everybody off with. All the perfection of a great gin and tonic, but with a little twist. Prepare the watermelon juice. Eventuell mit Sirup etwas zuckern.

Set aside. Squeeze lime into cocktail glass and drop lime wedge into the juice; add watermelon and enough ice to fill glass to top. Fair warning on this one – you really need to LOVE watermelon juice for the Spicy Watermelon and Gin to work! In a blender, puree watermelon and basil until smooth. Let us know what you think in the comments! Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove any seeds. Whats great is its a nice tart drink without a lot of sweetness.

I’ve gone a step further and added fresh watermelon juice and a couple of crushed coriander seeds. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.

Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. The Watermelon Gin Rickey ~ a super refreshing cocktail made with ripe summer fruit! Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake (with Oat Milk!).

... you will enjoy a super cocktail. Really. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Strain the juice with a fine mesh sieve over a bowl or liquid measuring cup. Add watermelon chunks into a blender pitcher, and blend on high for about 30 seconds until smooth throughout. Your email address will not be published. I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns.

What a gorgeous recipe!

Make your watermelon juice up to 3 days in advance. This gin and watermelon cocktail is naturally sweetened: mainly by the fruit! Add the gin and the lemonade into a jug and mix together. Add mint leaves, cucumber, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. LiDestri Pink Limoncello . Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.

Subscribe for free weekly recipes & more! I thought the fresh watermelon juice had a wonderful, delicate flavor. Top each with 1 1/2 ounces gin, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/3 cup ginger ale. This watermelon cocktail is vibrant and refreshing, featuring sweet watermelon, lemon, mint, and gin. Learn how your comment data is processed. Wonderful photos, too! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition