For light to medium rain, the effect on PM 2.5 was close to zero. But then sometimes it rains and rains, and the sky still looks like this afterwards. WJAS, which is one of Pittsburgh's five original AM stations, first signed on the air on August 4, 1922 and became an NBC owned-and-operated station in 1957 (after briefly operating as WAMP in the 1950s). From our perspective on the ground, it’s easy to think the pollution has been “washed” away, but most of it was actually blown away. You gotta to listen to talk! I could write a book. You gotta to listen to talk! It wasn’t even “all-news, all the time,” and hadn’t been for years. Take a listen to Bob Dickey Jr. and his final sign-off of KQV from earlier tonight. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Now 10M+ Page Views! Claim your business to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! NYC Radio: Elvis Duran 'Most Popular' On Staten Is... LA Radio: SCBA Readies Fall Sales Training Schedule, DC Radio: WKYS Personality Recovering From Stabbing, WW1 Offers Country Radio Labor Day Special, DC Radio: NPR's Diane Rehm Honored At TWH. TV Stations Going Off the Air. Talk Radio 1320 • WJAS Pittsburgh. I live near Pittsburgh.

After this is over when 2018 comes in, I will Ben posting it. In 1942, it was moved to 1410 by another realignment, along with all other stations at 1380. Beijing Air Pollution Drops With Northern Wind, Worsens With Southern Wind, Believe It or Not: Beijing Sees Worse Pollution During Coronavirus Shutdown.

The guys at work put this station on every now and then since they like to change stations compulsively.

WPGP (the historical WCAE) and WJAS both date back almost as far, but also are Class B–although probably not as directional. Yes, he's still around.

Scott Fybush said on FB that KQV is off air but once in awhile the automation spasms and throws a program in… Multi-Quote This Message. Phoenix Radio: Clear Channel Launches KFYI-2 On 12... NYC Radio: Thousands Attend Cumulus' 'Bark In The ... Philly Radio: WXTU's Brian McKay Belts Out Nationa... Entercom Reports 2Q Revenue Drops 1 Percent, Radio One Reports 2Q Revenue Fell By 9.4 Percent, Gannett To Split Broadcasting, Publishing, NYC Radio: WCBS-FM Nudges Into First Place, Nielsen Releases First Batch Of July PPMs, Pandora May Get Serious About Talk Content, Apple Appoints Ian Rogers To Manage iTunesRadio. RadioInsight Community - Real Radio Discussions, http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2017/12/15/KQV-radio-going-off-the-air-Dec-31-all-news-format-Robert-W-Dickey-Jr/stories/201712150145, http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/13078377-74/kqv-pittsburghs-oldest-all-news-station-to-go-off-air-jan-1.

Tribline.com reports Renda Broadcasting vice president of operations Alan C. Serena said Monday that his company had closed on the $1 million sale of WJAS 1320 AM to Radio Partners LLC, owned by former Beaver County station owner Frank Iorio.

If any type of music is suicidal, it's what they play on WJAS; the most melancholy tunes ever to push air. I will be recording this New Year’s Eve. Designed to fit children aged one and a half to fourteen years. When strong winds come in, they blow particulate away. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp.

If they sell the transmitter site the license will be of no use, KQV 1410 is squeezed in pretty tight  using 3 towers durning the day and 5 at night. Here’s the effect on all particles (gray), large particles (blue), and small particles (red).

also, I am unable to find a web site for WJAS so I can find the daily and weekly schedule. Rachel Varn Empowers Kids to Find Adventure and Freedom Through Bikes, If you sign up for our newsletter, you agree to our, we build high-quality and lightweight bikes for children of all ages, translation missing: en-US.general.accessibility.refresh_page, translation missing: en-US.general.accessibility.selection_help. Co-Owned Radio Stations in Pittsburgh, PA, WGBN 1360 AM, from what I can find about the new owner, doing things with such poor results is not his normal way of conducting business. And even then, KQV was only all-news from 5am to 7pm on weekdays. You can add your own comment to this channel by using the form below.